Monday, September 10, 2007

Jack's 99 Cent Store - NYC


I am ALL about Dollar Stores. I love, love, love them. There is something about walking into a store where you can afford EVERYTHING. It always makes me feel like the Mack Daddy - "here's a dollar kid, buy yourself something pretty!".

The Rolls Royce of Dollar Stores in Manhattan is Jack's 99 Cents. They have 2 locations which I frequent a few times each week. The "flagship" on 32nd Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues), and a smaller version on 40th Street (between 5th and Madison Avenues). You can get EVERYTHING at Jack's - food, paper products, office supplies, candles, toiletries - you name it, Jack's has it.

Here's a hint - although the 40th Street store is smaller, it sometimes has a better selection of the "good" stuff. The flagship store is SO busy that the "good" stuff gets taken immediately, whereas the 40th Street store has a little less traffic and the good stuff stays around a little longer. Case in point, I bought a REALLY cute pair of sunglasses at the beginning of summer at the 40th Street store, and immediately kicked myself for not buying EVERY PAIR while they still had them. Sure enough, my best friend Michael and I were there yesterday and he noticed they had them again. I bought 5 pairs, and I am all set in the sunglasses department for a LONG time - all for $5.00!!!

Jack's 99 Cents - PURE HEAVEN!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...