Monday, November 12, 2007

The Long John Silvers Trip

Michael has been my best friend since Penn State matched us as roommates a million years ago. And I wouldn't trade him for the world. But the boy DOES have some quirks.

One of these quirks is his utter OBSESSION with Long John Silvers. There are none near his home in New Jersey, and there aren't any within the 5 boros of NYC anymore. There used to be one in Brooklyn (where we celebrated his 40th birthday - I'm not kidding) but it closed.

So for his most recent birthday, I found a Long John Silvers in Hicksville - on Long Island. We took the Long Island Railroad to the Hicksville station, and the restaurant is a short walk away. This is also the location of the Long Island IKEA, and a nice mall, so we made a day of it.

Recently Michael has been talking about taking another trip. We picked a date, and yesterday we took our second trip out there. It was a nice day for shopping and fried foods, I must say.


Our relatively empty Long Island Railroad car.



The Hicksville Station.



Arriving at Michael's favorite place in the world.



Michael says: "DO NOT mess with my fish, bitches!"



It was getting dark by the time we headed home, full of hush puppies and cheap stuff from IKEA.


Who says my life isn't full of excitement??


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Long John's!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm...Hush Puppies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...