Friday, January 4, 2008

Obama Wins Iowa


Last night Barack Obama won the Iowa caucuses by a large margin over John Edwards and Hillary Clinton. Up until now I have been a Hillary supporter, but after watching Obama’s speech last night, I may have changed my mind. There is NO way Hillary can match his enthusiasm, charisma, and inspirational message. I literally had the feeling that I was watching something historic.

The other big news was that the Democratic turnout was HUGE – basically double what it was in 2004. In fact, when it comes down to raw vote totals, Mike Huckabee, the Republican winner, would have come in FOURTH – behind Obama, Edwards, and Hillary.

Obama’s large win was due mainly to young people and/or first-time voters. This is a group that the pundits talk about during EVERY election season, and then they don’t ever seem to materialize in large numbers. Could Obama be the candidate to get young people interested in politics again (the way JFK did in the 1960’s)? We shall see…

I know I usually feature a bunch of silly shit on this blog, but be prepared for some election-related posts every now and again. It will give you a little break from all those gorgeous Daddies and Papis… :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great speach - great moment. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...