Wednesday, July 9, 2008

First Arby's, and NOW THIS?


Manhattan has exactly ONE mall - the aptly named Manhattan Mall - and it sucks ass. I know, New Yorkers aren't supposed to like, or even care about malls, but I do. Sue me.

It didn't always suck ass. You see, just a few short months ago, this mall was the location of Manhattan's only Arby's (in the food court) - but JC Penny took over the space for a store they don't plan on opening until the summer of 2009 (see my Arby's posts here and here).

The only other good thing the mall has to offer is the Steve & Barry's clothing store. Project Runway fans will remember Steve & Barry's because it's where Sarah Jessica Parker has her clothing line - "Bitten". I like S & B's because it has cheap jeans, sneakers (I'm wearing my Starbury's right now), and the occasion "Big Boy Size" shirts and jackets (which I greatly appreciate).


Well, Steve & Barry's filed for bankruptcy protection today, and will probably close if they don't find a buyer soon (see story here). I am SO going there tonight to stock up on $14.95 sneakers...

10 comments:

Romance said...

Its so sad... I had so wanted to shop there... sad day, sad day... enjoy shopping up though.

mikeinbama said...

Buy me something.

Angel said...

damn!! I get my kids stuff there all the time....coats for $9!!!! and my boys grow like crazy so why should I spend alot of money on their clothes????

Joy said...

I hate when they do things like this! They keep closing malls in Nashville. Go! Go! Shop till you drop! Get all you can before they go out of business. I did that with Units and still mourn their demise.

Hugs ... xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

So sad. If SJP can't save a place, who the hell can???

Unknown said...

One of the features of living OUT of NYC is the shopping. We have a S&B I haven't been to yet that just opened this year. $8.95 for everything! guess I'd better hustle my ass over there! Thanks for the notice.
-Charlie

theminx said...

oh my - so glad I had an opportunity to get some SJP cheapo fashions earlier in the year!

Renee said...

How dare they take your Arby's away, and now maybe S&B? Sorry David.

Jacki said...

I need to figure out how to ship you some Arby's from Texas...not sure it would hold up though :)

Sherry said...

I came over from Beth's...to see the hot stuff you posted (!!) and then read this -- say it ain't so -- no more Steve & Barry's?! We don't have them in Canada and it's one place we love to stop when we go to the U.S. Must stock up when I'm there next weekend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...