Friday, September 26, 2008

Celebrity Sightings...

After work tonight (Friday) I got on the subway near my job and headed uptown toward my neighborhood. After the subway doors closed, I saw a familiar face sitting and chatting with his wife, at least one daughter, and I'm assuming some of his daughter's friends.....


It was Steve Schirripa, better know as Bobby Baccalieri on The Sopranos! He was cute as a button talking to his wife (Laura - above) and the other members of his party. And since this was a Friday rush-hour crowd consisting of mostly New Yorkers, no one bothered him at all. In fact, a group of loud teenage boys and girls got on the train and walked past him and only one girl silently smiled and waved - he waved back. I have to say - I am always so proud of New Yorkers for not making a fuss in front of well-known people. Of course then we rush home and blog about it in the privacy of our apartments, because that's what us cool New Yorkers do.

Mr. Schirripa and his gang got off at the same stop as I did - 34th Street. They were headed to Madison Square Garden to see the New York Liberty (WNBA) play. And I was going to ... wait for it ... the Dollar Store. Which is ALSO what cool New Yorkers do.

Actually, this wasn't my first brush with Steve (we're pretty much on a first-name basis these days). Schirripa and a few of his Sopranos cast mates (Uncle Junior, Silvio, and Johnny Sack) attended an event at my restaurant in honor of ... wait for it ... Adrienne Barbeau!!!

Dominic Chianese, Steve Van Zandt with wife Maureen, Steve Schirripa, Adrienne Barbeau, the late Peter Boyle and Vince Curatola


OK - I guess I'm not that cool...

3 comments:

Dwight Supremacy said...

Stuff like that is so neat! I envy you New Yorkers. :)

Joy said...

I love him! I want to have him describe me the way he does on the Tonight Show when he does that Steve, the Judgemental Bastard segment. He is amazing the way he notices so much and accurately describes people. I'll have to hang out with you and wait for him.

I'm pretty sure I'd lose weight if I lived there in NYC because of all the walking.

Joy said...

Ha! I say that, but look at all the temptations of food and places to sit there, too. But walking is the main thing I need to do that I don't, and you have to walk in NYC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...