Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pickled Eggs and Pregnancy Tests...

Maddie and I hit the supermarket and the drugstore before we left for the weekend. At the grocery store salad bar they had a Pennsylvania Dutch delicacy...



Pickled Eggs! This picture doesn't show the reddish-purple color that results from "pickling" the hard-boiled eggs with beets. Here is what they look like when you cut one open.


They may look weird, but they are delicious. That's some Good Eatin', as we would say.

Then we hit up the local CVS, where Maddie stocked up on the essentials...


Actually, Maddie was being his usual funny self - and walked up to me with his hands full and said "I got everything I need - let's go". I just HAD to take a picture. The pregnancy test is a nice touch...

5 comments:

kayce. said...

heehee maddie is hilarious... trojans, lube, and pringles. sounds like my dream date! ^_^

Joy said...

That's funny! That Maddie is a riot!

I've eaten pickled eggs, and they are some good eatin' for sure!

Romance said...

cracking up, cause pickled eggs and EPT kinda go together

mikeinbama said...

That is so funny.

Anonymous said...

I love pickled eggs! They are definitely good eatin'! The Trojans? Not so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...