Saturday, November 15, 2008

BREAKING: Wanda Sykes Comes Out


Wanda Sykes, who was already semi-out, made it official today at an anti Prop 8 rally.

From The New York Times:

In Las Vegas, the comedian Wanda Sykes surprised a crowd of more than 1,000 rallying outside a gay community center by announcing that she is gay and had wed her wife in California on Oct. 25. Ms. Sykes, who divorced her husband of seven years in 1998, had never publicly discussed her sexual orientation but said the passage of Proposition 8 had propelled her to be open about it.

“I felt like I was being attacked, personally attacked — our community was attacked,” she told the crowd.


I LOVE Wanda, and I'm glad she has officially joined The Family.

11 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I LOVE her! I have loved her ever since she used to do the voices on Crank Yankers! Glad to have her!

Angel said...

I love her too!!!! She is too funny!

THE STRIP PODCAST said...

Yep! You can hear what she had to say - and more in my interview - here:

http://thestrippodcast.blogspot.com/2008/11/wanda-sykes-lv-gay-rally-im-proud-to-be.html

Unknown said...

Welcome out, Wanda. Love you, love your laugh.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Wanda! Congrats.
She is the funniest stand up show i've ever been to. I love her on New Christine. Miss Ginger Grant has a You Tube bit on her blog from Crank Yankers that will make you pee your pants.
Reading blogs on a Saturday night, what does this say about me?

kayce. said...

i never really liked her, tho i like her a lot more now... hopefully queen latifah will learn from wanda's example, LOL.

Unknown said...

that is just GREAT...nice to see people putting their personal issues aside to fight the common good

Marker said...

Yes - love Wanda. She cracks my shit UP every time she's on Curb Your Enthusiasm, arguing with Larry.

Brava, Wanda!

CowboyDenver said...

Coming out is the ONLY way to defeat the bigots. As long as "gay people" are some category and not anyone "WE" know, then it is easy to discriminate against them. "Come out, come out, wherever you are..."

Mark in DE said...

I love Wanda and am happy to have her on our 'team'.

Mark :-)

Kwana said...

I always loved Wanda. She cracks me up. I saw her "marry" Christine on the show. Now it's more special.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...