Friday, November 14, 2008

WANTED: Dust Bunny Correspondents


As many of you know - tomorrow there will be simultaneous demonstrations/protests against Proposition 8 and for marriage equality. Protest times are staggered by time zone, making this the very first time in the history of our nation that LGBT people (and our straight allies) will be speaking out in every major city in every state at the SAME TIME. Go to JoinTheImpact to find the location of the nearest protest.

I have heard from a number of you, saying that you plan on going. That is fucking AWESOME. Just showing up is half the battle. Those of you that can't go - please be there in spirit, or donate time and/or money toward equality when you can.

For those Dust Bunnies who DO attend a protest - please take pictures and send them to me at daviddust@gmail.com. If you have time, send a little mini-recap of your event. If I get enough response, I'll do a "Dust Bunnies Take To The Streets" post on Sunday or Monday.


One last thing - I know I've been cramming Politics/Barack Obama/Proposition 8/Marriage Equality down your throats lately - but this is important. A movement is beginning that just may give me the same rights as many of you already enjoy. And I'm excited...


19 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn, the only one in the area is listed as having no organizers, so I am not even sure if it is happening.

Anonymous said...

David -- I will be at the protest at LA City Hall! Will try to send you some pics.....

David Dust said...

Gay in LA -

I would LOVE it if you sent me a pic or two!

XOXOXOXOXO

Amber LeMay said...

Hey D... I'll send pictures from the one in Burlington, Vermont... Check out the cover story about my "friend" Bob that's in the statewide weekly alternative paper...http://www.7dvt.com/2008bobs-your-everything

We've also got some great stuff on our web page...
Hugs,
Amber

David Dust said...

Amber -

That Bob is SMOKIN' HOT!!!! Wherever did you find him, dear?!? :)

I would love some protest pics from Vermont, if you could. Also, I have been meaning to do a Slingbacks and Syrup feature, but all this election/protest stuff is taking up all of my non-papi posts. I PROMISE I'll give you girls a shout-out soon.

XOXOXOXOXO

kayce. said...

there are two events here in ATL, one @ the capitol building and one in midtown... i am going to the midtown one and will send along pics/recaps. :)

David Dust said...

Kayce - Awesome!

XOXOXO

Mark in DE said...

I will be there in Dover, Delaware! (Oh, I made a rhyme.)

That last image looks like an advertisment for fisting. I'm just sayin'.

Mark :-)

Unknown said...

Mark in DE, I might see you there!

David Dust said...

Howard -

Do it!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

David Dust said...

Howard -

Unless you were talking about a fisting... :)

XOXOXO

Unknown said...

Dearest David,
No, I was talking about the rally, not the other act. My niece might join me at the rally. I don't think her boyfriend will join us, however. LOL

I will have to admit if there is rain, I might not make it. But if I do, I will be bringing my camera with me!

meg said...

I'll cover beautiful Pomona, CA...

David Dust said...

Meg -

I look forward to your pics and/or report. Thanks!

XOXOXOXO

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Str8tup and I will have Houtex covered!

Joy said...

I'll pay attention and watch the local news and do what I can. Brendan is with me, so I won't make it to the protest. I'm there with all of you in spirit and will get involved if there are more protests. This one impresses me happening all at the same time! Can't wait to read about what everyone does and to see the photos!!

Dagny said...

As long as I don't party too hard (Ummmm. 10:30 am is ass crack of dawn on a Saturday.), I've got Berkeley covered.

John said...

There is one happening in Baltimore. My God, it's everywhere. If I can't be there I'm certainly going to be there in spirit. I've posted a link to their site on my page.

David Dust said...

Dagny - Yeah, I feel kinda bad for you West-Coasters. I don't have to drag my ass downtown until 1:30 pm.

John - If you go, please send me a report.

Miss Ginger & Timmy - I knew I could count on you!

Joy - Your spirit is good enough for me.

THIS IS SO GREAT! I want to have a HUGE "Dust Bunnies Take To The Streets" post!

I love you guys!!!!

XOXOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...