Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Awkward Family Photos


The Minx has done it again: she has given me a new, hysterical, website to obsess over. My darling Minx was the one who turned me on to my old obsession - FAIL Blog. And now she has enlightened me on the fabulosity that is Awkward Family Photos. Oh ... Em ... Gee ...


I think I went to high school with the last couple. Seriously - ALL my gal friends in high school (Carlisle, PA - Class of 1985, BITCHES!) had that same hairstyle. It was achieved by bending over and blow drying the HELL out of your wet hair while it hung upside down. Then you hairsprayed it while still in the bent-over position. Repeat as necessary. When finished, you flipped your hair back in one swift, dramatic head swing. If done correctly (as above) your hairdon't managed to defy gravity and good taste - all at the same time.


12 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I'm going to write a sit-com about that family called "the Mullets"! And 80's family caught in modern times- it'llbe like a cross between the Flintstones and that 70's show!

Anonymous said...

I'm off to this site right now. I love it! By the way, love the blone guy in photo #2. Could I photo shop myself over his wife/girlfriend?

Kanani said...

hahahaha! Oh, man, that second photo will cause their kid to cringe when he or she reaches teenagerdom!

And the last mullet family? I remember when guys kept a comb in their pocket and hair spray in their car to maintain that look.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Awakward Family Photos! This one is almost too much for me http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2009/05/06/the-wonder-years/ ::shiver::

try these ones if you haven't seen them already, they are also too darn funny!

http://www.sexypeople-blog.com/
http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/
http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/
http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that last family is too much! And I'll confess to rocking the mall bangs, back in high school.

Kwana said...

I just found this site through a friend and LOVE it. You can lose hours laughing there.

Prince Todd said...

Okay, number 3 was some funny SHIT!
And thus ToddyEnglish has had his good laugh for the day.

Beth said...

OH man, I think I have a new favorite, too. I'll be checking that out. I love Miss G's idea for a sitcom about The Mullets! LOL XO Beth

Joy said...

OMG, just what I need, more obsessions!! In that first one, wonder why the mother has black ears and the husband and sons have pink ones? That second one will haunt the kid for sure. And everything's already been said about that third one.

Can't wait to go look at more!

Chris (Topher) said...

I discovered this site about two weeks ago. I LOVE IT!

mrs.missalaineus said...

*SNORT*

mall bangs. please jesus take me now. the second one was creepy. i wonder if they airbrushed out any stretch marks.

xxalainaxx

Anonymous said...

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2009/05/06/the-wonder-years/

At first glance I missed the little girl, um, fondling her dad's junk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...