Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday Weigh-In


After my Thursday thru Sunday eating orgy, I was afraid to get on the scale yesterday for my Monday Weigh-In. But I did weigh myself this morning, and I actually have good news - I've LOST three pounds since last Monday.

Here's the deal - last week (before Thursday) I was a weight-loss machine. In fact, I reached my lowest weight ALL YEAR when I weighed myself on Thursday morning. Luckily, those productive pre-pigout days were enough to allow me a net loss for the week, and not a gain.

Saturday and Sunday will be particularly challenging this week - because it's Ninth Avenue Food Festival weekend. Yes, 20 blocks of funnel cakes, sausage & peppers, kettle corn, pierogies, and bloomin' onion blossoms. Literally all I have to do is walk down my steps and out my front door, and there it is. And the Bloomin' Onion guy is always right outside my door. Bastard.


I think I'll lock myself in my apartment on Saturday, because I have people coming on Sunday to hang out at the festival. And once I get started, I don't stop. For those well-intentioned Commenters who will say I should simply practice "moderation" - unfortunately that word has never been in my vocabulary. It's like telling a crack-head to just do a little bit of crack, even though there is a TON of available crack to be smoked. I have never understood moderation - much to my detriment.


12 comments:

Joy said...

You should practice moderation in all things, including moderation.

How's that? :-)

I'm glad you weighed and had the good news. My doctor told me that if you're "good" 80% of the time, you can veer off 20%. My problem is that I do it the other way around, but this weekend can be your 20%. Go on out your door and have a good time and don't feel guilty. You're not on a diet but are changing habits for a healthy life. Things like this and holidays are part of life.

Love you! Love your street! xoxoxoxoxoxox

Joy said...

Oh and enjoy the Papi feast, too!!!!

the dogs' mother said...

How about you have to walk the whole damn festival before you choose something to eat. Then you have to walk it again before the next item. And again. And again. And again. Combine exercise and blissful eating.

Beth said...

That's great, David! Woohoo! A good suggestion from FP, and one of the reasons that we don't gain weight on vacations: we do so much walking that we burn off whatever treats we indulge in! XO Beth

Anonymous said...

David, that's freakin' awesome. Probably because you threw away the Pringles, huh? ;)

I like frogponder's idea. I'm torn between being jealous we don't have anything like that here, and happy we don't have anything like that here.

C'est moi, c'est moi Lola said...

See, I told you that you might be pleasantly surprised!

And frogponder has a good idea. Walk, eat; eat and walk.

I know what temptation is like: I've got 2 fast food places, 2 pub & restaurants, one Chinese take-out place and a REAL French bakery/pastry shop less than a block from my apartment. I haven't caved in recently, but there are some days (like today) that I deliberate about it.

Keep being good David, and share a lot at the food festival. You'll eat less and your friends might appreciate your effort to share.

Good luck!

Ken Riches said...

I know when we travel, even though we eat better, and more, we do so much walking that we do not have a net gain.

When you do the festival, walk-walk-walk. No regrets :o)

Wonder Man said...

Great stuff, David

Jimmy said...

I feel you. If I were there, I would literally eat up the sidewalk.

Sam said...

Pfft ho, you and i can never meet eveh. That would be assisted suicide. Food Festival? the only thing I can suggest? Make everyone leave the apartment. Get out your instamatic camera out. Get completely nakked, stand in front of a wall mirror, now turn around, bend over and take a picture of yourself. Put the picture in your pocket, and anytime you feel like putting someting in your mouth, pull that picture out, Gurl if that dont work your F**cked.

kayce. said...

"'moderation' - unfortunately that word has never been in my vocabulary. It's like telling a crack-head to just do a little bit of crack, even though there is a TON of available crack to be smoked."

i'd like to get that on a t-shirt, asap, pls. ^_^ i am so glad that someone gets it! my bff is all "why can't you just leave half your food on your plate?" and i'm like "um... [i know you hate that, but it's what i say] if i could do that, i wouldn't be a fattie!"

it's so not as simple as "moderation is key": i so get your struggle w/ the street fest b/c i'd be in the very same boat.

Mark in DE said...

Congrats!! Next time you're tempted to indulge, think of that McChicken Vagina...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...