Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mehcad Brooks Is Down With The Gays


True Blood hottie Mehcad Brooks tells Honey Magazine that he doesn't think it's fair that the gays can't marry...

Well, do you consider yourself the marrying kind, then? Do you want that?

I haven’t even gotten that far. But yeah, I want a wife, I want kids. The whole thing. But I’m also not even concerned with marrying somebody until it’s legal for everybody to get married. And what I mean by that is the whole Prop 8 thing.


Why is that cause so important to you?

I find it really offensive. I just find it really problematic when you start throwing people’s rights away. Until we get our gay brothers and sisters back into a realm of consciousness that everyone else is in, it’s just not right...

Check out the whole interview HERE. It's kind of funny how uncomfortable Mehcad gets when the interviewer discusses him becoming a sex symbol - but how absolutely secure Mehcad is to say that he believes in marriage equality. Awesome.



h/t to Towleroad.

7 comments:

kayce. said...

that second pic makes me want to do VERY naughty things to the beautiful gentleman...

Anonymous said...

I love it when people in the spotlight speak out in our favor. It's such a refreshing change from the other side.

Stan said...

I hate the fact that his character "Eggs" was killed off Sunday night on HBO's True Blood. He made such great eye candy on the show.

Angel said...

nice abs, huh? WHAT? EGGS WAS KILLED???! I haven't been able to watch the finale yet!! OH NO!!

XOXOXOXOX

JenM said...

Stan, you are supposed to say....Spoiler alert, spoiler alert!!!!

Hot, hot, hot and socially conscious too!!! Gotta love him!

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

HE BETTER STOP TAUNTING ME!

Joy said...

I want to do bad things with him.

Did someone say he's on a new show?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...