Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Auntie Flame Knows Her Gays


Joy - Grand Duchess of the Dust Bunnies (AKA "Auntie Flame"), recently spent some time in New Orleans. One of the activities that she and her group participated in was a mule-driven carriage ride. These rides typically wind through the French Quarter and feature colorful commentary by the carriage driver.


Joy (the innocent-looking woman wearing pink, second from left) remembers...
"I had to tell you about this experience in New Orleans. Our carriage driver Brendan during his commentary mentioned the gay bars and said we could tell that because of the rainbow flags on them. Then he said something about how we didn't want to be there during Labor Day weekend when all the gays were there. I said, "Oh, Southern Decadence?"


"He was visibly surprised and said he'd have bet anything that I didn't know what that was. I told him I have a lot of gay friends who had told me about it and that he couldn't judge people by how they look."

Auntie Flame, much like Britney Spears, is Not.That.Innocent. :)

7 comments:

Dan said...

thats our Auntie Flame!!!!

kayce. said...

hahahahaaaa... this post totally made my day! work it out, auntie flame.

Bob said...

It's always the ones in pink that you have to look out for.


XOXOXO

the dogs' mother said...

She travels in mysterious circles :-)

Mark in DE said...

Fabulous! Hurray for Auntie Flame!!

Beth said...

Way to go, Joy! "Don't you judge me!" LOL XOXO

Joy said...

Thanks to all of you! It was so funny to see the look on his face when I said that. He was shocked. Tina and Linda know me quite well and told me this t-shirt was so me that said, "I don't have a dirty mouth. I just say fuck a lot." I would have bought it but couldn't wear it. It's one thing to say it but altogether another to wear it in writing!! Not that innocent but with a sense of decorum!

The other two on the carriage are an English teacher I taught with for a long time and his wife, a former PE teacher who was principal of the last school where I taught. They are another story in themselves. Church of Christ, married young, two daughters, grandchildren, and to most of us probably closeted even to themselves. Sad if true.

Thanks, David! I had no idea you'd make a post out of that!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...