Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'd Like A Piranha Manicure And A Jellyfish Back Waxing...


This is just NASTY. Apparently there are certain salons in NYC (and elsewhere) where you can get a FISH PEDICURE! You dip your tootsies into the water, and these teeny tiny carp "exfoliate" your feet. And by "exfoliate", I mean "OH MY GOD THEY ARE EATING ME ALIVE!!!"


1010 Wins did a story yesterday about a New York politician who is trying to get the practice banned...
New York State Senator Jeff Klein is attempting to ban the treatment known as the "fish pedicure" comprised of tiny carp nibbling at and supposedly exfoliating your feet.

"This is an unsavory and unsanitary practice," Klein. "You can't sanitize fish," Klein said.

No you CAN'T sanitize fish - unless you deep-fry those bastards. That's why I don't eat sushi. And after reading this story, I certainly won't be ordering the "Fish Nibblers" at White Castle anymore...


H/t to HitDanBack.


Labels: Fish Pedicures, Fish Nibblers,

7 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I saw that on Ugly Betty once... Wilhelmina made Mark go all the way to Queens to get the fish for her, because she was trying to seduce Mr. Meade and she heard he had a foot fetish!

Anonymous said...

I've heard of that fish thing. I'm sure they do a dang good job, but I'm not sure I could handle it. Doesn't it tickle?

Angel said...

I've seen this before,,,and I have to say, this is jsut the nastiest thing I have ever seen. I do NOT want some little fish eating the dead skin offmy feet, thankyouverymuch.

nasty.

Beth said...

I've never heard of this, and I think it would tickle, too. And yuckola...think if someone had some sort of bacteria or fungus on their feet, the fish ate it, and then regurgitated it onto your feet? I'm quite certain there are microorganisms that would survive in the fishes' stomachs. Not to gross anyone out but...just sayin'. XOXO Beth

Anonymous said...

Unsanitary for whom? The people? Or the poor fish consuming the dead skin of crusty human feet? Talk about animal abuse. Hey, PETA!

Ken Riches said...

I think it would feel extremely unpleasant. That is one fish I would not slime down on any bet.

SteveA said...

I would be to squirmish - but may try it once!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...