Thursday, March 18, 2010

Camila Alves Deaf?


It cracks me up that anytime Shear Genius is on TV, my blog gets dozens of hits from people Googling "Camila Alves Deaf?"  The picture below is a partial screen capture of my Feedjit feed during the show last night.  As you can see (click on the image to embiggen), in this case I got 3 hits within one minute.


The results take people to THIS POST from a couple weeks ago where I described Camila as sounding "like Elmer Fudd's deaf, mentally challenged sister".  And now, believe it or not, I feel kinda bad for saying that...

For the record, as far as I know Camila Alves is NOT deaf (or retarded) - she just has a Brazilian accent.

6 comments:

kayce. said...

well, she's a brazilian w/ a fricking palate deformation or something, b/c that shit is a mess...

early, early this morning (abt 1am) my loud-talking neighbors woke me up. in order to get back to sleep, i turned on the tv to drown them out and guess what? shear genius had just started? i enjoyed the competition alright, but i spent most of my time analyzing camila's damned accent. i still don't have it figured out.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I've never heard her speak. I can't bear to watch the show because I cannot stand that douchebag Jonathan Anton!

Tom A. said...

How DID she get the job. And what happened to Ms. Smith? Kmart keeping her too busy?

Dan said...

she talks like she has a mouth full of shit.

theminx said...

All I have to say is "LOLOLOLOLOL!"

Ginger - Antin is only ever around for the final elimination judging. It's worth watching at least the first challenge to hear Alves speak.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

David, you'd be surprised at what people Google when approaching my page. It makes zero sense whatsoever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...