Monday, April 19, 2010

Things I Hate: "No Spoilers!"


OMG - one of my biggest cyber pet peeves is when people who haven't yet watched a TV show will admonish you on Twitter (or Facebook) for talking about it.  Listen ... just because you haven't had time to watch all the shows on your DVR does NOT mean I have to edit what I say on Twitter.

I can ALMOST see if you live in a different time zone and are waiting to watch a show that's already aired here on the East Coast.  But still - Twitter is a place to have conversations.  If you don't want to see any spoilers, then stay off the damn internet - which, let's face it - is basically just one big spoiler site.  ESPECIALLY if your excuse is - "I haven't had time to watch it on my DVR yet".

Here is the biggest spoiler of them all.  Please don't hate me for "ruining" it for you...

Rant over...

8 comments:

kayce. said...

i agree w/ you ~ although i do make concessions for time zone differences. what cracks me up is that not only will people unable to watch be on twitter, they'll be following the hashtags! i totally got into it on twitter w/ ("got twatty with" LOL) this random chick who was at work but following the #TopChef tweets... i was like "bitch, boo, bye" b/c as you said: don't want to know, don't go looking for info.

i will say, though, that the rupaul girls have been bad about tweeting/facebooking immediately after they've been voted off. facebook is harder to ignore b/c it's just there in your timeline, but honestly, knowing who's voted off doesn't usually ruin the experience for me.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Did you forget to take your little pill this morning?

Big Mark 243 said...

I am with you! Whether the show is good or not, knowing how others felt about it, the impact on what YOU see shouldn't matter.

I don't twitter at all (though I have an account) and facebook only to be random and silly.

People need to get over themselves and get a life.

Bob said...

I'm going to die!!!
Damn you DavidDust!!!!


XOXOXOXOXOXO

WickedGayBlog.com said...

I agree with you 200% it drives me fucking crazy! Besides as bloggers we like to blog about current stories, not wait 3 days after something happens.

I am with you Dave a bazillion percent!

xoxoxoxox

Dave

Anonymous said...

Amen, Brother David. I am one of the people who doesn't have time to watch stuff right away, but honestly, it's pretty easy to avoid spoilers. Just PAY ATTENTION!

Joy said...

OK, I need to quit watching one show, recording another, and being on the computer at the same time. Sometimes I have to record a later show when it's on Bravo or Lifetime or another station that does that and get behind. But I'll stay off Twitter and FB when I haven't seen shows that people write about and stick with Spider Solitaire at those times.

Many times I've found out endings or who was voted off but will change my multi-tasking ways! I try not to find out but will never ask someone not to tell me spoilers again! (except in real life off the computer or those who don't mind) Sometimes I get a phone call and can't watch or have to go somewhere, but that's OK. It's not really all about me? Who says!

You make a valid point.

Mistress Maddie said...

LOL! NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...