Saturday, May 15, 2010

Work by Henry Van Dyke


Let me but do my work from day to day,
In field or forest, at the desk or loom,
In roaring market-place or tranquil room;


Let me but find it in my heart to say,
When vagrant wishes beckon me astray,


"This is my work; my blessing, not my doom;
"Of all who live, I am the one by whom
"This work can best be done in the right way."


Then shall I see it not too great, nor small,
To suit my spirit and to prove my powers;


Then shall I cheerful greet the labouring hours,
And cheerful turn, when the long shadows fall


At eventide, to play and love and rest,
Because I know for me my work is best.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG, I'd go to town on those guys. And that first guy is the exotic dancer Lucsious from Atlanta.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...