Tuesday, June 29, 2010

80's Flashback - General Hospitale


NOTE:  I posted this video back in January, but I thought it would be appropriate to re-post today (with additional commentary).

For those of you who didn't watch "GH" (as we called it back then), this video will make absolutely no sense to you.  But if you happened to be a General Hospital fan back in the 80's, it will bring back lots of memories.

Side Note:  When I was a kid I had a paper route which required me to deliver newspapers after school (anyone remember EVENING newspapers?!?? - DAMN I'm old...).  But I was such a huge General Hospital fan that I would come home and watch GH first - and THEN deliver the newspapers.  This displeased many of the people on my route - especially the elderly - because they wanted their paper NOW (so they could read the Obituaries - seriously).  However, when one hires a gay Paperboy, one must realize that our priorities (watch fave soap opera, fix hair, deliver newspapers - in that order) are somewhat different than our straight counterparts (deliver newspapers, think about girls, play sports - in that order).


BTW - Since there is just an ever-so-slight possibility I may write some snarky things about my hospital visit, I've decided not to actually name the facility where I was treated.  From now on it will be referred to as "General Hospitale".

6 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

In my college sorority The Cook got the tv room to watch *her* soap of which she was the only viewer. The rest of us crammed in our housemother's sitting room to watch *our* soap. All My Children. Haven't seen it in years but I hear Susan Lucci is still a man eater though she may have to beat them into submission with her walker.

behrmark said...

Back when I was in college, the commons room was so crowded from 12 to 12:55 because of AMC...unfortunately most of us had classes during GH. But I remember the Luke and Laura storyline. Oh and John Stamos as Blackie and Demi Moore as the throaty-voiced journalist! Ahhh memories!
BEHR HUGS!

Joy said...

The only one I watched was Days of Our Lives but eventually quit when all those people died and kept coming back to life. My mother still watches it faithfully. When she got her HDTV and DVR (at my insistence since she didn't have digital but basic cable - my brother went with her to get the new TV not me but it worked out) the only show set to record as a series is her soap.

theminx said...

I watched GH in from '79 - '83 or so, then switched to GL because that's what my BF watched and she was always annoyed that we couldn't talk about our favorite soaps. I also watched DOOL in the summers for most of the 70s and 80s, and loved EoN too.

Billy in Big D said...

Oh and of course, I fell head over heels in love with Rick Springfield. WOOF!

Billy in Big D said...

ah yes memories. I too had a paper route which I did after school with my sister. And we both watch General Hospital. I had started watching it with my Grandmother. I remember all those character storylines. My fave was Anna Devane. Yes I was a little gay boy, but I loved Finola Hughes so much, I still have the photo album with all her pictures in it that I collected from Soap Opera Digest and other magazines. Thanks for the memories...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...