Wednesday, June 16, 2010

McDonald's COO: Gay French Ad Won't Air In U.S.


Many of you have seen the gay-positive ad that ran in France showing a young man texting calling his boyfriend before joining his Dad for lunch (above).  It was cute and uplifting - see it HERE.


But Donald Johnson, McDonald's COO (above) brought his warm Christian love to work and declared that the ad would NEVER run in the United States.  Because he is a Christian and it offends his Jeebus-loving sensibilities - which those heathen French don't have.  Or something.

Here is Johnson's statement, via Joe.My.God:
I've never shied away from the fact that I'm a Christian. I have my own personal beliefs and I don't impose those on anybody else. I've been in countries where the majority of the people in the country don't believe in a deity or they may be atheist. Or the majority of the country is Muslim. Or it may be the majority is much younger skewed. So when you look at all these differences, it's not that I'm to be the judge or the jury relative to right or wrong. Having said that, at McDonald's, there are core values we stand for and the world is getting much closer. So we have a lot of conversations. We're going to make some mistakes at times. (We talk) about things that may have an implication in one part of the world and may be the cultural norm in another part of the world. And those are things that, yes, we're going to learn from. But, you're right, that commercial won't show in the United States.

First of all, who in the plastic fork are YOU?!?  Because YOU are a "Christian", you've decided - for your entire company - that a pro-gay ad won't run in the U.S.???  And I love how Christians will always claim they're not imposing their beliefs on others - while they impose their beliefs on others.

Consider this: can you imagine if a major American company hired a devout Muslim COO from Saudi Arabia who was a follower of Sharia law?  And this COO decided that men and women weren't allowed to be in the same room at company headquarters, and women couldn't drive company cars and must keep their heads covered at all times??

And when questioned about this, the COO honestly replied:  "But I'm a good Muslim, and to do otherwise would offend me and my religion".

The right wing of this country would go completely insane.

As always, when Christians impose their backwards beliefs on others (even at major American corporations), it's fine and good and "American".  If anyone else (like the dirty French or the fancy Homersexticals) has a different idea of how people should be treated in this country, God's Gentle People scream "COMMUNISM!", get out their shotguns and head to a Tea Party rally.  Followed by devout prayer at their "church". Disgusting.


I got news for McDonald's - I am (seriously) one of your biggest customers [insert fat joke HERE].  But I don't care how badly I crave a Sausage Biscuit with Cheese (or two) - you ain't getting a thin dime of my heathen homo money until that rat bastard Donald Johnson apologizes AND runs gay-positive ads in the United States.

Don't mess with this fat biatch, I can't breath and I ain't playing ...


15 comments:

TonyJoe said...

Hear, hear. And while I haven't given any money to McDonalds in a while I certainly won't be dong so now. This guy is pretty much an asshole.

Bob said...

OMG!

"And I love how Christians will always claim they're not imposing their beliefs on others - while they impose their beliefs on others."

I said almost this exact same thing on my blog!
GMTA!
Love your post! Brazilliant!

XOXOXOXOX

Angelo Ventura said...

How can that refuse call himself a "christan?" Christ was ALWAYS for persecuted minirities, and would have supported gay rights!

A TRUE GAY TRULY CHRISTIAN

the dogs' mother said...

Call me cynical but I think the only reason the ad won't run in the US is that they think it would negatively impact their bottom line. The wingnuts would boycott them and they'd get all sorts of publicity they don't want. What they don't know is that I expect it would be a tempest in a teapot as the rest of us would love to raise a burger for equality.
I never get over the feeling that the xtians, who claim to 'love' me, a unclean, unbeliever, would not put me in some re-education camp once they got into power.

MJ said...

Go David and echo your sentiments!!!

Anonymous said...

A friend mentioned that it's the 25th Anniversary of "Back to the Future." So we were all joking about where are our hover cars and clean energy-using-garbage, etc. Heck, where is our tolerance for each other? How long are we going to be stuck in the 1950s? It's taking the future an awful long time to get here.

William said...

Thanks for sharing, David. I'm gonna link that in mine today too.

Ugh

josefie said...

whats funny with christians is that they are too immersed with the traditional beliefs that tells them what is morally right. funny thing, that Catholics, Christians and Muslims and even Jews have almost similar set of teachings. I hail from a Catholic-Muslim society and knowing Muslims and the brief knowledge of their beliefs, it was actually the same. for us its Jesus and for them its Mohammed. some christian like the one you showed are what dubbed here in the Philippines as "plastics", they tend to say that they are doing good (or so they say) but their actions show the opposite. What an ass COO!

this is why i love your blog even though i seldom open it due to my schedule. :D

Angel said...

I happen to HATE Mickey D's...so this just gives me another reason to NOT eat their awful food. UGH.

XOXOXOX

Joy said...

Good post! I'll just sit here in the Amen Corner and say, "Right on!"

FrancoFord said...

So according to his logic, anyone who supported this ad or gay rights couldn't be Christian?!?!

nitrox11 said...

Wasn't there a time, not that long ago in the US where Christians were supportive of segregation and banning inter-racial marriages. I take it that the photo of the man accompanying the article was the same Christian who doesn't think gays are appropriate for McDonalds? In that case I suggest he look at his history books before reading his Bible... doofus of the highest order.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I can finally comment again!

I'm the (overweight) mother of a teenager, a kindergartner and a teenager. I got news for him...my kids just had their LAST happy meal until he issues an apology, runs the ad and donates to the gay/lesbian charity of his choice.

I have no tolerance for hate disguised as Christianity. It taints all of us who are trying to spread Christ's LOVE.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Honey...
now you can march right into Arby's, plop your dollars down for some delcious roast beef and some lucious curly fries and say to yourself "I am doing the right thing!"

kayce. said...

first of all, "who in the plastic fork are you" is now officially my favorite david dust line. :D

secondly, omg, i LOVE when you get pissed ~ you're so hilarious when something gets under your skin! and you're sick, too, so i think a little extra snark made it's way into this rant. (incidentally, i always order rants w/ and extra side of snark ~ there's rarely enough, like mayonnaise.)

and i agree w/ you and all the other commenters: McD's can forget about my lil dollars, even though i haven't been in years LOL. i definitely won't even think about it now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...