Friday, June 11, 2010

Rent Obama's NYC Walk-Up Apartment


The apartment that President Obama lived in 30 years ago but had to leave due to lack of heat is currently available for rent - for the low price of $1850/month.


According to Gothamist:
The two-bedroom is on the third-floor of a walk-up and it includes a windowless office [Ed. Note: probably a closet in real life], a tiny kitchen, exposed brick walls, wood floors, and a marble bathroom. Plus, they point out, that the neighborhood (West 109th St.) is a lot safer since the President lived there.

Believe it or not, $1850 isn't bad for a two bedroom in that neighborhood.  I would bet the apartment has been rented already.

4 comments:

Joy said...

It's so expensive to live there in NYC. I wish I could for a while though.

Ian said...

I think I would like to see the space just to touch a piece of history.

Um...would it be wrong of me to say the Prez looks kinda cute in that picture? Should one think of the leader of the Free World as "cute?!?" LOL

Sam said...

Well Joy I have my half of the rent just tell me where and when!
In that photo Obama's sitting partner looks a little soft.

Sam said...

Well Joy I have my half of the rent just tell me where and when!
In that photo Obama's sitting partner looks a little soft.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...