Thursday, July 22, 2010

"I'm Yoooolaaaaaanda Vega!!"


I am ashamed that I've never posted anything about one of my true obsessions - Yolanda Vega (thanks to Dlisted for reminding me).  Ms. Vega is one of the New York State Lottery announcers, and is known for her signature phrase "I'm Yolanda Vega!".  Miss Yo Yo reported makes a salary of $85,000 per year for drawing numbers (which she pronounces "numbahs" - Brooklyn in da house!) on live TV - which she's been doing for 20 years now.  And after you watch this video (which celebrates her 20th anniversary), you will see that the fabulous Yoooolaaaaaaaanda Vega is WAY underpaid.  Skip to the 1:05 mark if you'd only like to hear her signature shout-out.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Fun!

I'm bipolar about the lottery. I'll buy tickets for a while, know I'm going to win, and then get depressed and pissed off when I don't. So I won't buy tickets for months until something makes me think I can win again. Nope! Nada! Not lucky at all!

I just have to think of it as a non-deductible contribution to the state scholarship fund.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...