Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Social Stigma of the Old Fashioned Book


According to a recent article in the New York Times (via The Grumbler), there is a social stigma attached to people who read books (the ones made from trees) in public.  But there's hope!  All you have to do is shell out money for one of those E-Readers, and you'll be all sexy and cool and shizz!!

If you happen to be one of those sad and lonely paper-book-reading outcasts, you can still get a way-cool FREE BOOKMARK!  Maybe that will help ease the pain of your solitary and desolate existence...


2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

What The Hell?!?!?!
Last week I read about product placement in books and that any woman reading, over the age of 35, would appreciate ads for lots and lots of cat food.
They will have to tear my old fashioned books out of my cold, dead hands!!!!!

Tivo Mom said...

I cannot give up the books. I like to hold them, smell them and turn down the pages (don't judge). In fact I still go to the library. I guess, as I already knew, I am no longer one of the cool kids. Dammit and that was so important to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...