Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Glamorous Life


On my schedule for the weekend: working (ugh) and buying/installing a new toilet seat. SRSLY.

Our current toilet seat (I think it's the original from when the apartment was built in the 50's) is NO LONGER ATTACHED to our toilet. The lid is still attached ... but the seat? No. So it just sits on top of the toilet, whilst we sit upon it - praying that we don't fall in. It's a barrel of laughs (no it isn't).


Now mind you - I live with a Carpenter and a Theater Set Designer/Production Manager. These people own tools and know how to use them. Me? No. But I'm going to give it a shot because they don't seem to mind the carnival ride now located in our bathroom (kinda like the Flume, but for only one person).


I've already scouted the El Cheapo stores in the neighborhood and found a nice sturdy Terlet Seat for less than ten bucks. Unfortunately they don't have white (hence the cheap price), so I'm thinking of going 'non-traditional'.

In fact, last night I purchased a shower curtain to MATCH the "non-traditional" Terlet Seat that I haven't bought yet. Yes, I AM gay ... why do you ask???

If all turns out OK, maybe I'll even take pictures.


10 comments:

mrs.missalaineus said...

good times! looking forward to seeing your redecoration theme!


xxalainaxx

the dogs' mother said...

Watch out.... be kind to the toilet or it will take revenge (helped along by Abby) and send The Great Flood. Fear The Toilet!

Bob said...

Ah New York!
Terlets and shower curtains!


XOXOXOX

Fluffycat said...

I got a new toilet seat at Home Depot for under $10. Plain white, and fairly sturdy. It's not that hard to put on with a screwdriver (the hardware, not the cocktail, but I suppose you could have one of those as well).

David Dust said...

Fluffycat -

But then I wouldn't be able to use my fierce new shower curtain!!!

God I'm gay ...

XOXOXOXOXO

Mark, née Fuzz said...

Keep in mind that terlet seats upholstered in ermine may sound like a good idea....

nitrox11 said...

I just got this one - truly and I couldn't be happier with it.

http://www.primrosebathrooms.co.uk/products/Novelty/BT15/

It's soft close and the lid comes off at the push of a button for cleaning. Stylish, hygienic and truly fit for a queen. Not sure if you can get it in the US though. If Edina and Patsy flew to NY to source a door handle, maybe you should jump the pond in search of a something for your throne?

nitrox11 said...

Or maybe you're more a 'light up my life' kinda guy?

http://www.primrosebathrooms.co.uk/toilet-seats.php?limit=20&page=2

Wonder Man said...

I hope it turns out good

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh lord, your going to install a terlet seat! Well 've done it, so how hard can it be! Just make sure to flush said terlet before photographing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...