Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Have "Flowers", Will Deliver


Saw this over at Scouting New York, and it gave me a little chuckle. Back in my clubbing days I was handed quite a few of these "business" cards:
While I was cleaning out some old college boxes, I found this card that someone gave me the first night I was in New York. I was 18 and still scared to be out in the city at night, and all of a sudden, this really sketchy thug-looking guy is coming in my direction. He reaches in his pocket, and I’m expecting a knife or gun… 
But then he hands me this card. “You need flowers? Anytime. We deliver. [wink]” And I remember being like, “wow, isn’t that nice, all night flower delivery.” 
And then I thought, “wait a minute….” 
I wonder if ol’ T-Bone is still delivering “flowers” to Columbia students?

.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...