Friday, July 15, 2011

I REALLY ❤ New York


New York state judges are volunteering by the dozens to officiate at the first same-sex marriages on Sunday, July 24th. From the New York Times:
From Buffalo to the Bronx and pretty much everywhere else in New York, judges are signing up for rare Sunday duty. If same-sex couples want to marry that Sunday, only judges would have the authority to dispense with the 24-hour waiting period required by law. And those judges could then officiate on the spot. Another of the volunteer judges, Sherry Klein Heitler of State Supreme Court in Manhattan, said she was expecting something of a party at the city clerk’s office. “I think there will be a lot of people,” Justice Heitler said. “I think there will be a lot of emotion. I think there will be a lot of happy tears.”

J'adore my state.


Via JMG

.

3 comments:

the island guy said...

this makes me smile! :)

the dogs' mother said...

And the world - will keep spinning!

designing wally said...

David,
I actually shed a tear when I heard this....
New York Rocks!!!
And we live here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...